Monday, March 14, 2011

Flowers

This past weekend was wonderful!  So much so I forgot about work until Sunday night...which is both good and bad.  It was a great break, but I ended up needed lots of help from Paul today so I could do my science experiment.  He was so wonderful because he had to go find play dough, and something to make a volcano...I know it doesn't sound hard, but when your in the middle of a huge city with no supermarket close it is very difficult.  He found everything and my students were able to learn about volcanos!
Anyways, this weekend we were able to explore Yongjae Flower market in Seoul.  It is about 6 stops from my house, but when you walk into the green houses it feels like a world away!  There were thousands and thousands of orchid plants in the two green houses we went into.  Honestly it was a bit overwhelming.  We had to take a break for lunch half-way through our trip, so we went to a traditional restaurant where you have to take off your shoes and sit on the floor.  Let me tell you I LOVED it!  It was so relaxing to take my shoes off and just sit down and enjoy a meal...not exactly sure what we ate, but it was pretty good!
Paul had to carry the flowers all the way through the subway!
It made it home safely! 
I love looking at it every time I come come!

No comments:

Post a Comment