Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What we have been up to

I didn't realize how long it had been since I updated out blog!  We have been so busy the past few weeks, and the weekends have been packed with everything we wanted to do during the week but never had time for!  A couple weekends ago we decided to pick a place and go see what was there...  We found a fun little shopping area with all kinds of touristy shops and some restaurants.  We had been looking for one that was supposed to have a good kimchi stew...no luck finding it but we did find kimchi pancake!!!!!  Paul is never too sure about anything as spicy as kimchi so we also ordered a leek and seafood pancake...we both ended up liking the kimchi pancake more (the leek one was also very good!)!
That weekend we also adventured out to Itaewon for some antique furniture looking, there were so so so so many shops!  It really was a bit overwhelming so we needed a great mean afterwards...and we got it!  Some of the best sushi I have ever had at Rolling in Sushi!  I would give up a lot of things to eat that sushi...and I didn't even take a picture of it, but I did remember to take a picture of the wine...very different from what I am used to.  It was good but VERY strong and it tasted similarish to Moscato. 
I have to say I have become very spoiled when it comes to food lately...I have lunch and dinner cooked for me at the school and whenever you go to a restaurant here the main course comes with lots of different sides, and costs much less than meal would in the U.S.  The food at the school is all organic and so amazing!!!!
This was my snack while I practiced Korean!!!!!!!

This post seems to be jumping from one thing to another so why not add another funny random thing...  Paul and I got a mirror for our house.  I love mirrors and couldn't wait to get it up (still can't wait)!  Well who knew a mirror could be so difficult to hang, an hour and half and 11 holes in the wall later the mirror is still sitting on the floor...  We did get it right once, but it was upside-down.  But to be fair it was 9pm before we started and we had spent 4 hours on the subway (another funny story) and 3 hours gardening...maybe that justifies why it took us so long to not hang a mirror?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment